Search This Blog

10/7/09

Tyler Perry....Sets the Stage for a Confession

In recent celeb gossip, Tyler Perry opens up about the physical and sexual abuse he suffered as a child. In an email he wrote to fans, Tyler gave explicit details about his encounters. Check out excerpts from the email below.

It's hard to fathom the thought of someone experiencing so much abuse as a child. I'm surprised he doesn't focus his films and plays on child molestation or homosexuality. I find it peculiar that he chose this avenue to reveal these hidden secrets. I wonder if he's setting the stage to finally free himself of something else he's been hiding for a long time.....his sexuality.

Tyler writes about his abuse:

Sexual abuse by a woman:
I couldn't have been more than 10 years old when I went over to play with her son and Matchbox cars. She opened the door in skimpy lingerie. There was a man sitting on the couch, smoking. She told me that her son was in the bedroom. I was there playing with him about 20 minutes when I heard the man arguing with her. He said he was leaving and slammed the door. She came into the bedroom and told me that I had to go home. She told her son to take a bath and she locked him in the bathroom.
I was at the front door trying to get out, when she came in and laid on the sofa and asked me if I wanted the key. I told her I had to go home as it was getting dark. She put the key inside of herself and told me to come get it, pulling me on top of her.
Sexual abuse by a man:
I got a call not long ago from a friend. He told me that a man that I knew from church when I was a kid had died and he didn't have any insurance. His family was trying to reach out to me to see if I would pay for his funeral. I quickly said no, but I wish I would have said yes. There is something so powerful to me in burying the man that molested me. I wish I would have dug the grave myself.
Watching his father sexually abuse his friend:
I was about 8 or 9 years old. I had a crush on a little girl across the street. She would come over to my house and we'd play. She was about 12 or 13. One day she stopped coming and when I asked her why, she told me that my father was touching her.
I didn't believe her, so I talked her into staying one night. We were both asleep -- she was in one bed and I was in another. I opened my eyes to see my father trying to touch her and her pushing him away. I moved in my bed trying to make him think I was waking up. He looked over at me and left out of the room.
Not long after that, he beat me mercilessly for something again. Another mind game set up, so I told my mother what he had done. The blood drained from her face. We left that day. We were at my Aunt's house and he came there about 1am. Not long after that we were back at home. Nothing would compare to the random, drunken, violent beatings I would receive from then until I was 19.

0 comments: