Search This Blog

10/28/09

Rocsi - Misunderstood or Confused?

Rocsi recently spoke with Honey Magazine about the rumors and comments made about her climb to success. check out what she had to say.

“I think a lot of these Web sites need a story.” They need to find somebody to pick on, and I just so happen to be one of those girls. I’ve always had that coming up against Free on a black network and not being black.”

“I got where I’m at because of my work,” Rocsi insists. “I never had to lay on my back to get where I was. I come from a Latino background where family and the way we were brought up was very important. That’s how we conducted ourselves as ladies. And that’s a very important thing to my family, so yeah, when these blogs come out and they start talking shit — you’re messing with what my parents instilled in me. And I know it isn’t true. But I’m glad I have great family members who know that I wasn’t brought up that way, to not be blinded by this industry.

I mean it’s real bad when it gets to the point where everything’s so unbearable. You really got to have that strength, because if I didn’t have that strength in me, I would kill myself. There are some days when I’m like ‘How bad do I want to kill myself right now? What is the point of going on when so many people despise me or hate what I do? At the end of the day, I don’t meltdown because I’m still going to be on BET,” Rocsi says. “Internet gangsters are so tough. They’re so tough.”

When asked bout being thick, Rocsi responded:

“As women you have those fat days, but in my mind, those days are a little too frequent,” Rocsi says. “To this day, when somebody calls me thick, that’s not a compliment to me. Don’t call me thick. I hate that. I think thick is fat. I used to think that if I had curves or stomach flab that meant I was fat. I used to go over 110 lbs, I would think ‘I’m fat.’ If I see on a scale 118 [lbs.], I would start starving myself to get myself down to what I need to be at.”

I was never a big fan of hers and after reading this interview my thoughts of her haven't changed. She sounds fairly weak to be suicidal about rumors and comments people make....suck it up and keep moving. Not to mention her comment about being thick. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but to me being thick is sexy....forget about being "thin" is all about being HEALTHY. Get your mind right Rocsi.

0 comments: