Search This Blog

9/20/08

Money Saving Tips

Hello Good people, I have GOOD news to share....I just saved $250 by switching my car insurance. It wasn't to Geico though, I switched to Progressive. I know that doesn't mean much to you but it means the world to me. When was the last time you checked competitive insurance rates?? Who knows, you might be paying more than you have to.

For the past four years my car was insured with Esurance.....and as much as I'd like to complain about them I don't have anything bad to say. The rates were decent, paperless transactions, and their customer service was pretty good. It wasn't until my rate increased when I renewed my policy that I figured I'd look into other providers. To my surprise there were a few companies offering rates that would save me up to $250 a month for the same coverage. So I did what any smart person would do...SWITCH!!!

Another big savings I made, was by having my Annual Percentage Rate (APR) decreased on my credit cards. Did you know that if you make at least three payments on time that you can have your APR decreased? I went from a 28.9% APR to 9.8% APR. Not only did that decrease my monthly payments, but it saved me a heck of alot of money.

So do yourself a favor and stay ahead of the game....read the fine print on those credit cards and take a few moments to review your expenses..Don't spend more than you need to. I'm sure we call use a little extra savings!!!!

Are you paying too much in car insurance? Click here to find out.

0 comments: