Search This Blog

8/23/09

Breaking the Cycle

How do you break the cycle of giving to those that are not worthy to receive?

Ever since I walked in the doors of television/radio, I've learned so much about the business and the way people use each other to selfishly climb the later of success. I can truly say that I've learned the meaning of "It's not what you know, it's who you know." It never ceases to amaze me, how people can be so unethical, selfish and cruel.

I find it difficult, at times, to decipher between the "bad apples" from the good ones. My vision gets cloudy the more I see the "good apples" turn rotten. I stay in constant prayer to stay humble, helpful and giving despite my experiences....but I can't help but notice a change.

How can one break the cycle of giving without changing themselves?

1 comments:

Big Sis said...

this is a great post. i think the key is to constantly stay centered and grounded on who you are. you have to keep yourself reminded of your own goals, values, and beliefs, and make a promise and/or contract with yourself that you will not allow others to change you.