Search This Blog

12/7/09

Can Monica Do It Again?

Her style remains fabulous, her voice is still strong, but will Monica top the charts and reclaim her crown in the music industry? I don't think so.

If you watched episode 6 of Monica's BET series "Monica Still Standing" then you know what I'm talking about. During this episode Monica performed and sampled a few songs she's working on for the release of her new highly anticipated album. While her vocals still ring the bells of heaven, the lyrics and tracks she's working with are WEAK.

The tempo on every track sounds the same...and it's lacking major flavor. With hot artists in the game like Rihanna, Beyonce, and Keri Hilson, Monica needs to do a little more to get peoples attention. I wish she would call Kanye, Timberland, Swizz Beatz, or the Neptunes to make her a hot track, because that 1990's flavor is not gonna get it..

I'm a big Monica fan....and I'm happy to see her back on the scene. I hope she finds direction and a good manager (not a friend/fan) to help her reinvent herself to be competitive in today's market. At the rate she's going...the BET series might be the best thing she has to offer.

0 comments: