Search This Blog

4/1/09

Love * Sex* and Ciara

I knew Ciara was a freak when she came out with her first single "Goodies," and if dating 50 cent didn't confirm it, this video will.

Cici dropped her second single, "Love, Sex and Magic," featuring Justin Timberlake, and let's just say she brought sex back.....The video left me speechless....I wonder how 50 felt about it.

Anyway there's been several comments about the video and how Justin has once again objectified a black woman. One of my favorite sites Soul Bounce posted an article recently questioning how Justin Timberlake can still objectify Black Women and get away with it.

"It’s not even his song but in the video he’s in the opening scene, pulling on a chained Ciara. Whenever the two are interacting she is doing all kinds of sexy acrobatics for him–crawling over him, stick out her ass for him to lean on, bumping him with her breasts–but he can barely be bothered to look her in the face half of the time…and he’s on screen a lot. She looks desparate, and he looks like a pimp. As the video progresses and their roles become more evident it gets more disgusting."


I'm not sure how to feel about it, although I don't understand the logic behind the video. If you've seen it, let me know your thoughts on it....Is Justin crossing major lines here?

0 comments: